Yep, and I really shouldn’t care…
I don’t remember how I came across this, but I love it. I had already heard a lot of these quotes and tell myself some of this advice repeatedly in my head, but there are even more on this list. I’m proud to say I already think and act this way, but sometimes it gets hard to remember. Sometimes things can get you feeling so under-the-weather, to the point where it’s all you can think about. But you just have to remember this stuff. So here it is, the Rules of a Lady. Some pretty good advice, I think.
RULES OF A LADY
2. Always cross your legs when wearing a skirt. Always.
3. Always accept a compliment.
4. Smile… it helps you get your way.
5. Leave the rumor –spreading and trash-talking to Gossip Girl.
6. Respect yourself. If you don’t, he won’t either.
7. Leggings are not pants.
8. Keep your heels, head, and standards high.
9. If he doesn’t treat you like a princess, then he doesn’t deserve to be your prince.
10. Look like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
11. Cover up. Being a mystery is sexier than showing every inch of yourself off.
12. A woman is only as strong as she wants to be.
13. No, passing out drunk on the floor is not sexy.
14. A real lady holds her head high, but never her nose.
15. Never underestimate the power of a warm greeting.
16. Being single doesn’t mean you’re weak, it means you’re strong enough to wait for what you really deserve.
17. A lady knows her limits no matter what. Stick to your guns.
18. A lady knows how to play the game.
19. Getting back with your ex is like taking a shower, getting out, and putting on the same old pair or dirty underwear.
20. Makeup is meant to enhance beauty, not cover it.
21. True beauty comes from within.
22. Don’t belittle yourself for anyone.
23. Never let a man define you. Be amazing on your own.
24. Don’t make someone a priority if they only consider you an option.
25. Don’t get your hopes up; don’t let your guard down.
26. Never allow yourself to be bullied into silence.
27. Be polite, refined, and well-spoken.
28. If he leaves or gives up on you, remember… it’s his loss, not yours.
29. Always be classy and fabulous!
30. Always be yourself around him. If he can’t accept you for your quirks, then he’s not worth it.
31. Remember… if he wants to, he will.
32. “You might feel worthless to one person, but you’re priceless to another. Don’t ever forget your value.” ~ Luan Legacy
33. “If you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
34. Never regret something that once made you smile.
35. Be brave, be bold and the man will be yours.
36. A true lady doesn’t start fights, but sure knows how to finish them.
37. Make him chase you.
38. Beware of men who only compliment you on your body.
39. Always classy. Never trashy. Just a little nasty.
40. Just as men shouldn’t play with a woman’s heart, women shouldn’t play with men’s as well.
41. A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear.
42. Arch your spine and shoulders back; this is good posture.
43. Say what you feel.
44. You can never be beautiful unless you are happy.
45. Chew like you have a secret.
46. Always have a comeback.
47. Your dresses should be tight enough to show you’re a woman, and loose enough to show you’re a lady.
48. Never be reckless with someone else’s heart, and don’t tolerate those that are reckless with yours.
49. If he does not have a chance, tell him. Don’t lead him on and make him think he has a chance when he does not.
50. To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
51. Don’t wait for Prince Charming to come and save you. Remember… being independent is more attractive to men.
52. If you love him, tell him. Chances are, he will feel the same about you.
53. Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.
54. You will never find the right guy if you are looking for the wrong reasons.
55. Never turn around to look back. Without doubt, he’s still looking at you.
56. Skirts should be like good facebook posts; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep things interesting.
57. The sexiest curve on your body is your smile. Flaunt it.
58. Beauty gets the attention, but personality gets the heart.
59. If he doesn’t chase you when you walk away, keep walking.
60. You’re beautiful in every single way.
61. If you aren’t happy single, you won’t be happy taken. Happiness comes from within, not from men.
62. “Anorexia is a disease, not a fashion statement.” ~ Sophia Bush
63. You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get people interested in you.
64. Don’t just expect to find love, wait and it will come.
65. Forget what has hurt you in the past, but never forget what it has taught you.
66. Ladies should never hit a man either. Violence isn’t classy.
67. You shouldn’t need to raise your voice. If you’re dealing with a person who won’t listen unless you speak forcefully, then they aren’t worth dealing with.
68. Never apologize for what you feel. It’s like saying sorry for being real.
69. Stay on top of things.
70. Be happy. Someone could be falling for your smile.
71. Confidence is sexy.
72. Blow kisses, not boys.
73. Talk loud enough so people can hear you, but soft enough so he’ll have to lean in closer.
74. Don’t let people get under your skin, no matter how hard they try.
75. Crying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you are alive.
76. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” ~ Coco Chanel
77. “Always dress like you’re going to see your worst enemy.” ~ Kimora Lee Simmons
78. Do not stereotype men; they are definitely not all the same.
79. Follow your heart, but don’t forget to take your brain with you too.
80. Never show you’re intimidated; it shows weakness.
81. You should be able to make a man smile with your clothes on.
82. Make a man fall for your intelligence, not for your body and your double Ds.
83. Always act like you’re wearing an invisible crown.
84. When all else fails, kill them with kindness.
85. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
86. A lady should not swear. Class is defined by elegance and dignity, not by vulgar language.
87. Even the biggest failure beats the hell out of never trying.
88. Being intelligent is sexy. Don’t play stupid.
89. Makeup can help you look pretty on the outside, but it doesn’t help if you’re e ugly on the inside.
90. A guy doesn’t have to be anything more than a friend. Sometimes it’s better that way.
91. One can never be too classy
92. Beauty is only skin deep; elegance is innate.
93. A subtle, yet noticeable, lip bite possesses exceptional power. Use with caution.
94. It’s better to know and be disappointed than never know and always wonder.
95. Respect from others comes from self-respect.
96. Remember… the treasure doesn’t do the hunting.
97. Always show up at a dinner party 15 minutes late. There is nothing wrong with being fashionably late.
98. A man forgets but never forgives, but a lady forgives but never forgets.
99. Being different doesn’t mean you’re uncanny. You’re just limited edition.
100. A man willing to do anything just to place a smile on your face is a man worth keeping.
101. Modesty isn’t always overrated. A little mystery never hurt anyone.
102. It’s better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you are not.
103. No man is worth your tears, and the one who is won’t make you cry.
104. Flirt with him enough to show your interest, but tease him enough to make him chase you.
105. Maintain your mystery; men love a good hunt.
106. Never underestimate the power of a name. Use them. Be remembered.
107. You are not confident until you decide to be.
108. If you don’t stand up for yourself, no one will.
109. Act like a lady, think like a man.
110. If you’re not worth the trouble, then he’s not worth the time.
111. If you expect him to give you girl time, expect to give him guy time.
112. For the love of decency, never chew with your mouth open.
113. The little black dress is classic for a reason.
114. Never lose your faith in finding your perfect someone.
115. Embrace your flaws and be true to who you really are.
116. Don’t fall for a man that isn’t willing to catch you.
117. You’re beautiful and no one has the right to tell you you’re not.
118. If he doesn’t respect you, then you deserve better.
119. Be the woman a man needs, not the woman that needs a man.
120. Love yourself first.
happens all the time haha
love running <3
yesss, I wish!